Hub for reliable, timely news about COVID-19 pandemic

$100K cash bond for Ramone Jones, charged in fatal stabbing of Jamie Wilson

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Ramone Jones

MILWAUKEE — He is charged in the fatal stabbing of Jamie Wilson — and fled the state only to be captured in Kentucky. Ramone Jones was in court Tuesday, March 5 for his initial appearance in Milwaukee County.

Jones, 42, faces the following criminal charges:

  • First degree intentional homicide
  • First degree recklessly endangering safety
  • Possession of a firearm by a person convicted of a felony — two counts
  • Intentionally pointing a firearm at a person — two misdemeanor counts
  • Misdemeanor battery

Ramone Jones

Jones pleaded not guilty Tuesday to the three misdemeanor counts. Cash bond was set at $100,000 — and a preliminary hearing was scheduled for March 12.

Jamie Wilson was fatally stabbed at 70th and Fiebrantz in Milwaukee on Feb. 5. A friend of Wilson was also shot on that day.

Jamie Wilson

According to a criminal complaint, Milwaukee police were called to 70th and Fiebrantz on Jan. 30 for a “shots fired” call.

When officers arrived, they found “the front interior door was off of the hinges and leaning against the door frame and exterior door.” The officer heard yelling inside the residence — and found Jones standing in an area between the kitchen and dining room. The officer also “saw a spent casing on the floor in the dining room. Other officers located a hole in the floor.” The residence was searched and “a Taurus 9mm handgun was found inside of a hallway vent.”

On Feb. 6, the day after Wilson’s death, three charges were filed against Jones in connection with that Jan. 30 incident:

  • Possession of a firearm by a person convicted of a felony
  • Intentionally pointing a firearm at a person — two counts

An arrest warrant was issued that same day.

When Jones made his initial appearance in court Tuesday, those charges filed on Feb. 6 were dismissed by the court.

Fatal shooting near 70th and Fiebrantz

On Feb. 4, police interviewed a woman in regard to the incident on Jan. 30. The woman told police Jones was Jamie Wilson’s boyfriend and that he “lives there, but he does not pay bills.” The woman told police on Jan. 30, Jones knocked in the front door and asked where Jamie was. He “then fired a gun he had and he shot the floor.” The complaint said “Jones then stated that he would kill Jamie and Jamie’s daughter if they let the police know he had a gun.”

Jones was arrested after the Jan. 30 incident, but released on Feb. 3 after posting $1,000 bail.

“I said, ‘You can’t let this guy out. He’s going to hurt my daughter,'” said James Wilson, Jamie’s father.

On Feb. 4, Wilson herself talked with police and indicated Jones battered her on Jan. 29. She indicated Jones “punched and kicked” her numerous times. She told authorities she suffered pain and bruising all over her body as a result of this incident.

On Feb. 5, officers were dispatched to the residence near 70th and Fiebrantz once again — this time for a battery/cutting complaint. The complaint said a “child then came out of the garage and said that her mother had been stabbed and she was lying on the garage floor.”

Despite life-saving attempts, Wilson was declared deceased.

Ramone Jones

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.