MILWAUKEE -- Let your taste-buds transport you to Mexico! Chef Feker with "2Mesa" joins Real Milwaukee with his family's take on tuna salad.
Chef Feker loves a good tuna salad but his wife's tuna salad infused with Mexican flavors is what he serves at 2Mesa and at home. It is easy, robust in flavor and quick but different.
CHEF FEKER`S BLUE FIN TUNA AND AVOCADO SALAD
- 1-pound blue fin tuna steak or two 8 oz. can of good Tuna
- 1T paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. White pepper
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Rub the Tuna with the next four ingredients. In a hot pan with a little oil seared the tuna until it is cooked medium. Set the tuna aside to rest and cool.
For the salad:
- 4 large ripe avocados large diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped fine
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 bunch green onions sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic pressed in a garlic press
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large jalapeño very finely chopped
- 1T extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and white pepper
In a large bowl whip together the mayonnaise, lime juice, EVO, garlic, and jalapeño. When the mixture is fully incorporated fold in cilantro and green onion. Slice the cooled tuna very thin and against the grain and rough chop. Fold the chopped tuna into the mayonnaise mixture. Gently fold the avocado into the tuna mixture. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Serve with crispy tortilla chips. Garnish with chopped cilantro and fresh lime wedges