Hub for reliable, timely news about COVID-19 pandemic

Stove fire causes $4,500 in damage to Sheboygan home, 1 transported to hospital

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire shot at a high shutter speed gradually filling the frame. When frozen at 1/6400 sec the dancing flames reveal their intricate footwork.

SHEBOYGAN — One person was transported to the hospital Monday, July 1 following a house fire in Sheboygan. It happened around 10 a.m. near 24th Street and Indiana Avenue.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they found heavy smoke coming from the residence. Upon entering the home, it was determined the fire started on the stove — and spread to the structure. It was extinguished by the occupant.

Firefighters ventilated the smoke from the residence, removed a small portion of wall to check for fire extension, and removed burned debris from the residence.

One occupant was transported by Sheboygan Fire Department paramedics to St. Nicholas hospital with minor injuries from extinguishing the fire.

The occupant was able to reenter the residence after the fire department cleared the scene.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.