MILWAUKEE -- Do you want to give back this upcoming holiday season? The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County wants you to consider volunteering your time. They have hundreds of open shifts for upcoming events around the county.
To sign up, you are encouraged to visit: http://salar.my/SAMKEVols (with the exception of bell ringing). Volunteers are needed for the following holiday programs:
- Bell Ringing: Help raise money to fund 80+ programs in Milwaukee County. Visit registertoring.com.
- Christmas Family Feast: Christmas Family Feast is a Milwaukee tradition. Now in its 30th year, the event provides food, fun and fellowship for Milwaukee County residents on Christmas Day.
- Coats for Kids: Collect, organize and distribute warm winter clothing to children in need.
- Prison Toy Program: Help wrap toys for children of incarcerated parents.
- Toy Shop: Collect, organize and distribute toys to children in need.
Summer and fall opportunities are still available as well, including:
- Feed the Kids: Assemble lunches for children in Milwaukee County.
- Backpack Program: Help collect backpacks and school supplies for children in Milwaukee County.
- Summer Youth Program: After school programs at our Citadel Corps Worship and Community Center.