RACINE — Firefighters on Tuesday morning, Aug. 13 responded to the scene of a garage fire in the area of Cliffside Drive and Red Maple Court in Racine. The call came in around 4 a.m.
When crews arrived on scene, they found a fully-involved garage fire that spread to the house. The homeowner was able to safely evacuate.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital for a heat-related emergency — and was reportedly doing well.
Fire officials said the homeowner recently threw out ashes in a garbage can outside the house. It wasn’t immediately clear if that contributed to the blaze.