MILWAUKEE -- It's National Bagel Day! Gouda Girls' chef Katherine Tonn joins FOX6 WakeUp with a new dish.
Open-Faced Egg Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 Thomas` Everything Bagels, halved
- 4 slices low-sodium bacon
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh greens (spinach, arugula, kale, etc.)
- 1 medium Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
Cook bacon until crisp in a skillet set to medium heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove strips to a paper towel-lined plate and then crumble. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs until well mixed. Set a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour in eggs. Cook, stirring frequently until eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Toast bagel halves until lightly golden. Top with greens, tomato, scrambled eggs and shredded cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Preheat broiler. Place sandwiches under hot broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from broiler and sprinkle with bacon and green onion. Serve warm.