HARDEMAN COUNTY, Tenn. -- Tennessee sheriff's officials issued a warning after razor blades were discovered inside a pack of gum.
Investigators told WREG that a student at Bolivar Central High School opened the package of gum and found three razor blades inside.
The student notified the school resource officer, who made contact with the sheriff's office. The sheriff's office said the student was not injured.
Investigators said the package of gum reportedly still had the plastic wrapping around it when it was opened by the student.
No details were released on where exactly the gum was purchased, if the student found the gum, or if the gum was given to him.
Sheriff's officials urged everyone to be careful when opening similar products.
The Hardeman County Board of Education said the matter was under investigation. Board leaders told WREG they were relieved the student was not injured and relieved he turned the item in to the school resource officer.