MADISON — Officials with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services on Thursday, March 19 announced a total of 155 positive cases of coronavirus in the state. Later Thursday, Milwaukee County officials reported 64 positive cases — bringing the statewide total to 157.
The county-by-county breakdown is as follows:
|Wisconsin County||Total Cases as of 3/19/2020|
|Fond du Lac||14|
DHS officials offered the following key messages on their website:
- Our top priority at this time is to keep Wisconsinites safe and healthy by reducing the spread of COVID-19 and to protect and ensure our health care system and workers.
- DHS Secretary-designee Andrea Palm has signed an order for a statewide moratorium on mass gatherings of 10 or more people to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- We will be prioritizing testing for COVID-19 because of a shortage of ingredients needed to run the tests.
- We have evidence of community spread in Wisconsin.
- We are doing this to protect and ensure the capacity of our health care system.
- If you have questions or immediate needs related to COVID-19, you can:
- Text COVID19 to 211-211,
- Visit 211Wisconsin.org, or
- Call 211.
Call volumes are high, please be patient and try to use the text or online options first.
- If you are experiencing signs and symptoms of COVID-19, please call your health care provider.