MADISON - There are 1,041 confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of 1:50 p.m. Saturday, March 28. The total number of positive cases and deaths is a combination of data reported by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and individual county health departments and officials.
There have been over 15,000 negative tests and a total of 17 deaths.
Milwaukee County’s coronavirus dashboard showed 541 cases in the county Saturday afternoon. The county’s reported number of cases represented additional cases to those listed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services in its Saturday afternoon report.
On Saturday, March 28, the Waupaca County Department of Health Services confirmed the county's first death from COVID-19. That patient was also the county's first confirmed case.
Coronavirus-related deaths in Wisconsin (in chronological order based on when they were reported)
- Man in his 50s in Fond Du Lac County: Death confirmed by Gov. Evers on March 19
- Robert Blackbird, 91, resident of Village Pointe Commons in Grafton/Ozaukee County: Death confirmed by Gov. Evers on March 19
- Lawrence Riley, 66 in Milwaukee County: Death reported by the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office (MCMEO) on March 20
- Lenard Wells, 69 in Milwaukee County (retired MPD lieutenant): Death reported by MCMEO on March 21
- Roderick Crape, 54 in Milwaukee County: Death reported by MCMEO on March 23
- Woman in her 70s in Dane County: Death reported by health officials on March 25
- Ralph Davis, 60, in Milwaukee/Milwaukee County (Milwaukee Public Schools employee): Death reported by MCMEO on March 25
- Sheila Staten, 57, in West Allis/Milwaukee County: Death reported by MCMEO on March 26
- Callie Roundtree, 79, in Milwaukee: Death reported by MCMEO on March 26
- Carolyn Johnson, 65, in Milwaukee: Death reported by MCMEO on March 26
- Tommie Lee Loving, 69, in Milwaukee: Death reported by MCMEO on March 26
- Iron County: Death was reported by Iron County health officer on March 26
- Gail Kutz, 82, in Ozaukee County: Lived at Village Pointe Commons in Grafton, death reported by the Washington Ozaukee Public Health Department on March 27
- Kenneth Going, 87, in Ozaukee County: Lived at Village Pointe Commons in Grafton, death reported by the Washington Ozaukee Public Health Department on March 27
- Sauk County: Death was reported in the DHS daily update on March 27
- 55-year-old woman in Milwaukee/Milwaukee County: Died on March 26, reported by MCMEO on March 27 following positive test result
- Waupaca County: Reported by health officials on March 28
Resources to keep you informed about COVID-19
CLICK HERE to view the Milwaukee County COVID-19 dashboard.
CLICK HERE to view the latest COVID-19 totals (updated daily at 2 p.m.) from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- If you have questions or immediate needs related to COVID-19, you can:
- Text COVID19 to 211-211
- Visit 211Wisconsin.org
- Call 211. Call volumes are high, please be patient and try to use the text or online options first.
CoronavirusNow.com: A Fox Television Stations initiative to provide you with the most up-to-date national and international news on COVID-19.
Helpful phone numbers
- Milwaukee Health Department: 414-286-3521
- If you've lost a job and need help with unemployment: 414-435-7069
Symptoms: Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure (based on the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses).
- Shortness of breath