Chef Michael Feker cooks up a tasty holiday treat that's easy to prepare.
Serves 4 entrée size or 8 appetizer size
- 16 oz chicken breast, diced
- Zest of 1 lemon (first zest then juice)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 medium-size fresh beets, washed, peeled and diced fine
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1/8 cup fresh Thyme, chopped fine
- 1/8 cup of tarragon, chopped fine
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup Arborio Rice
- 2 cup white wine (drinkable Sauvignon Blanc or Chablis preferred)
- 6 cups of chicken broth (if store bought/sodium free)
- 4 oz Parmigianino
- 4 oz Goat cheese
- Sea Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Bring Stock to a boil and allow to simmer.
- In heavy-bottom sauté pan melt 1/2 of the butter and 1/2 of the olive oil. Briefly sauté onion and garlic until lightly golden brown.
- Add rice, beets and all chopped herbs and stir until grains are shiny.
- Add wine and let evaporate over high heat.
- Then add 1 cup/8 oz of stock and turn heat down to medium high.
- As the rice absorbs the stock add more, 1 cup at a time.
- After about 15 minutes, add chicken and allow to simmer until cooked through.
- Do a taste test. When risotto is creamy and grains are firm yet tender, it’s ready for the next step.
- Add lemon zest, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, add Parmigianino and remaining butter and olive oil. Gently fold with a spatula until the rice and cheese are melted and incorporated.
- Place on serving platter, crumble your Goat cheese and sprinkle over your creation. Enjoy!