Tommy Thompson’s net worth tops $13 million
MADISON (AP) — Republican U.S. Senate candidate Tommy Thompson is reporting his net worth at more than $13 million.
The former governor also reported on Friday that he has earned more than $5 million in income since 2010.
Thompson filed the required report after being granted a delay last year.
He is seeking the Republican nomination for the Senate race to succeed Democrat Herb Kohl who is retiring. Thompson is being challenged by former U.S. Rep. Mark Neumann and state Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald.
Thompson’s activity in the private sector since he left President George W. Bush’s office seven years ago is getting more scrutiny now that he’s re-entered public life. Thompson last ran for office in 1998.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee