2-4-12: IL MITO’s Hormone-Free Skirt Steak
Some have steak for dinner, others have steak for breakfast! Have you tried Wagu beef? Chef Feker says your taste buds will thank you once the flavors of this recipe hit your tongue.
IL MITOS GRILLED HORMONE-FREE SKIRT STEAK
This is a delicious cut of meat that is usually cooked incorrectly. The marbling in this cut makes this meat very desirable. If you like your meat well done I suggest you cooking the meat to medium and allowing it to rest covered and it will cook to well done by itself.
• 3 pounds skirt steak, each cut in half
• 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop the garlic and mash to a paste with sea salt.
2. In a bowl mix the paprika and black pepper, add garlic/salt paste, the extra virgin olive oil and the Worcestershire sauce and mix to a paste.
3. Place the steaks in the same bowl and massage until all pieces are well coated with the paste.
4. Allow the paste to work its magic – enhancing and infusing flavors into your steak – place the steaks in a large sealed plastic bag. Place in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours or overnight.
5. Prior to cooking your steaks, bring them to room temperature, for at least 20 minutes.
6. While your steak comes to room temperature, prepare grill for cooking.
7. Grill meat 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare, after cooking remove from the grill and let rest for at least 3 minutes.
8. When ready, slice the steak against the grain thin (very important or your steak will be tough) and top with IL MITO’s compound butter (recipe can be found online at http://www.ilmito.com).
9. Serve with some roasted mushrooms and garlic mashed potatoes and get Fekerized.