Public supports extension of I-794 Lake Parkway
MILWAUKEE — A report compiled by a committee studying a proposal to extend the I-794 Lake Parkway finds wide support for the idea.
More than 200 residents attended a February 29, 2012, public hearing hosted by Milwaukee County Supervisor Patricia Jursik. The public also submitted comments during a 30-day public comment period that ended March 15, 2012. Those comments show roughly 70% of respondents expressed support for a Lake Parkway extension.
The Advisory Committee on the Lake Parkway Extension Study is expected to meet Monday afternoon at South Milwaukee City Hall to talk about possible amendments — and to finalize its recommendations.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!