Public supports extension of I-794 Lake Parkway
MILWAUKEE — A report compiled by a committee studying a proposal to extend the I-794 Lake Parkway finds wide support for the idea.
More than 200 residents attended a February 29, 2012, public hearing hosted by Milwaukee County Supervisor Patricia Jursik. The public also submitted comments during a 30-day public comment period that ended March 15, 2012. Those comments show roughly 70% of respondents expressed support for a Lake Parkway extension.
The Advisory Committee on the Lake Parkway Extension Study is expected to meet Monday afternoon at South Milwaukee City Hall to talk about possible amendments — and to finalize its recommendations.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead