$200,000 in damage to state Capitol during protests
MADISON — There was a lot of damage left behind after the union protests at the state Capitol in Madison last year – $200,000 in damage, to be exact!
That number has caused a bit of a problem. Last year, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s administration was in court, fighting a lawsuit that sought to open the building to the public.
A Department of Administration official claimed in court that protesters had already done $7.5 million in damage to the building and grounds.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?