Milwaukee police sergeant hurt after his squad was struck
MILWAUKEE — A Milwaukee police sergeant is recovering after his squad was struck by a driver who failed to yield to an emergency vehicle Wednesday evening, April 4th.
The sergeant was operating his marked squad as an emergency vehicle (lights & siren) eastbound at 16th & Mitchell around 9:20 p.m. That’s when a northbound vehicle proceeded through the intersection and struck his squad.
The sergeant was treated for his injuries and later released.
The driver of the striking vehicle was cited for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle and operating after suspension. He was arrested for outstanding warrants.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City