Longfellow Middle School mourns loss of math teacher
WAUWATOSA — Students and staff at Longfellow Middle School in Wauwatosa are mourning the loss of 42-year-old math teacher Lisa Nass, who died Friday.
Nass was an eighth-grade math teacher at Longfellow Middle School. The Medical Examiner’s Office says she died of natural causes, they say she had a heart condition.
The Medical Examiner’s report says Nass was expected to meet a family member for lunch on Friday and did not show up. A neighbor went to Nass’ home to check on her, and found her unresponsive on the living room couch. The report says Nass had recently been diagnosed with a heart condition for which she was taking prescription medication.
Grief counselors were made available at Longfellow Middle School, even though students are on Spring Break.
Nass taught at the school starting in 1998.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father