Scotty McCreery takes baseball to throat during high school game
GARNER, N.C. (AP) — “American Idol” champion Scotty McCreery didn’t get the win while pitching for Garner High School in his latest outing, but he apparently came away unscathed after a scary moment on the mound.
The country music sensation was pitching in the third inning against East Wake High School on Thursday when a one-hopper back to the mound hit McCreery in the throat.
McCreery retrieved the ball, threw out the batter and stayed in the game. Spokeswoman Beverly Keel of Universal Music Group in Nashville says McCreery wasn’t injured.
McCreery pitched 4 1/3 innings, struck out six and allowed seven hits, including a home run. He left with a 2-1 lead, but East Wake rallied for a 3-2 victory.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!