Man accidentally shoots friend while turkey hunting
MUSCODA — Iowa County Sheriff’s officials say a man was accidentally shot during a turkey hunting outing with a friend Sunday, April 29th on the Kendall Lake Public Hunting Property east of Muscoda.
Officials say 56-year-old Scott Rogers of Sun Prairie was hunting with 55-year-old Kevin O’Dell of DeForest when Rogers thought he heard a turkey behind him. Rogers fired his shotgun, not knowing O’Dell had moved his position. The shot struck O’Dell with several pellets in the head, face and neck area.
The injuries did not appear to be life threatening. O’Dell was transported to the hospital for treatment.
This incident is being investigated by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father