Melvin: Gamel suffered torn ACL, likely out for season
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Mat Gamel left Tuesday night’s game against San Diego after twisting his right knee when he hit the low wall at Petco Park going after a foul ball.
Wednesday, Brewers’ General Manager Doug Melvin confirmed Gamel suffered a torn ACL and is likely out for the season.
Gamel was hurt trying to catch a foul by Nick Hundley with two outs in the first inning. He stayed in the game for the final out of the inning but was replaced by pinch-hitter Travis Ishikawa in the second. Ishikawa also replaced him at first.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him