Lucroy homers in Brewers 8-5 win over Giants
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Aramis Ramirez hit a three-run double in the first inning, Jonathan Lucroy added a two-run homer in the second as Milwaukee built an eight-run lead, and the Brewers rocked Barry Zito again at Miller Park in an 8-5 win over the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.
Zito (3-2) allowed eight runs, four earned, five hits and four walks in three innings, dropping to 0-4 with a 7.67 ERA in eight starts at Miller Park.
Jose Veras (3-1) struck out three over two hitless innings in relief of Marco Estrada, who left after injuring his right leg while running out a first-inning double. John Axford pitched the ninth for his seventh save in eight chances.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery