Today is deadline to add numbers for Wisconsin No Call List
(Credit: iStockphoto/Dennis Oblander)
MADISON – Thursday, May 31st is the quarterly registration deadline for Wisconsin’s No Call List.
Wisconsin residents who add their numbers by that date will receive protection from unsolicited telemarketing phone calls and text messages starting on July 1.
The free No Call service, offered through the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP), covers residential land and cell phone lines.
Registrations last two years.
Political calls, calls from non-profit organizations and calls made in response to your written or verbal request or permission are not covered by the No Call law.
The list is updated four times per calendar year (January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1). The registration process is continuous, but those who sign up after the upcoming May 31 deadline will not be added to the list until October 1. Consumers must register every two years to stay active.
To add your residential landline, cell phone or VoIP number(s) to the list, visit nocall.wisconsin.gov or dial 1-866-9NO-CALL (1-866-966-2255). The website and toll-free number are available all day, every day.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead