Gomez scores on 2 throwing errors, Brewers win 2-1
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Carlos Gomez raced home following two throwing errors after he stole second base in the bottom of the ninth inning to give the Milwaukee Brewers a 2-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday, July 1st.
Gomez entered the game as a pinch-runner for Aramis Ramirez, who led off by drawing a five-pitch walk from Diamondbacks reliever Patrick Corbin (2-4). After Corey Hart flew out, Gomez stole second, jumped to his feet as the throw from catcher Miguel Montero ended up in center field. Outfielder Gerardo Parra picked up the ball but threw wildly to third, allowing Gomez to score the winning run.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?