Fire officials battle fully-engulfed fire at vacant home
Fire near 49th and Hampton
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee Fire officials were on the scene of a one-story, fully-engulfed house fire in the 4700 block of N. 49th Street just before 9:00 p.m. Monday, July 9th.
Officials say the home was vacant and boarded up before the fire broke out. It took a little over an hour to put out the flames.
There were no initial reports of any injuries.
There is no word at this time whether foul play is a factor in this incident.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed