Some are not so happy to see the rain on Friday
MILWAUKEE — Farmers may have rejoiced in Friday’s rain, but there were some who weren’t so happy about it. Some were left without transportation and others homeless due to torrential downpours.
In South Milwaukee, a portion of Marquette Avenue flooded, and some tried to drive through the wall of water. Steven Yakich witnessed it.
“She stopped her car, stalled, and the one behind her just flooded. Within five minutes it was all the way up to the roof,” Yakich said.
At an apartment near the airport, crews were repairing the roof, and neighbors say there wasn’t enough to protect their apartments from rain.
“Going in my living room giving my cats water and the whole thing came down and part of it caught me in the back and that was it,” Rod Berendt said.
FOX6 News was told the American Red Cross was stepping in to help out the three apartments affected by rainfall. If the tenants couldn’t stay with friends or relatives, they were told to get a hotel room, and they would be reimbursed.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City