Vigil held for Greenfield mom found stabbed to death
GREENFIELD — Friends and family members gathered near 45th and Morgan to remember 37-year-old Maggie Litwicki after she was found stabbed to death in a home in the area early Saturday, July 14th. A 38-year-old man was taken into custody for the stabbing.
Friends of the victim say the man in custody was the victim’s boyfriend for several years.
Maggie Litwicki had three children, ages 11, 8 and 7. The 8-year-old and 7-year-old were reportedly home at the time of the incident.
11-year-old Kirsten Litwicki talked with FOX6 News about her mom, during Sunday night’s vigil.
“She was a mom to everybody standing here. She would let everybody sleep over at once. This family has been through fights before, and my mom was there telling them that it was okay, and their kids could stay with us. My mom was a good person, and she didn’t deserve this. That’s why all these people are here,” Kirsten Litwicki said.
Police say this is still an active investigation.
A fund for the family has been set up at Tri-City National Bank, to help pay for funeral costs. Donations can be made at any Tri-City National Bank branch.
A Facebook page has also been set up to share memories of Maggie Litwicki. CLICK HERE to visit the Facebook page.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed