Nissan recalling 11,000 Jukes to fix rear seats
Nissan Juke (AP Photo)
DETROIT (AP) — Nissan is recalling about 11,000 Juke small SUVs to fix a problem with the rear seats.
The company says a weak weld can cause the seat backs to come loose in a crash, increasing the risk of injury. The recall affects Jukes from the 2012 model year.
Nissan says dealers will notify owners and replace a faulty part that holds the seat back in place. The company says the recall will start later this month.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that the Jukes being recalled were made from Feb. 3 to May 26.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo