Tosa woman facing charges, allegedly caught on camera hitting baby
WAUWATOSA — A 19-year-old Wauwatosa woman is facing charges after she was caught on camera repeatedly hitting her three-month-old daughter.
FOX6′s media partners at the Wauwatosa Patch reported Chancline Carmaletta Babcock has been charged with felony child abuse.
Police say the child’s father was filming the child laughing and had to make a call. Police say he told them that when he left the room, he left the camera recording.
The baby reportedly started crying, and police say Babcock came in and slapped the baby in the face several times. The little girl is now in the custody of her father, and the Child Welfare Bureau is reviewing what happened.
Babcock is being held in the Milwaukee County jail.
CLICK HERE for more on this story via FOX6′s media partners at the Wauwatosa Patch.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl