Paul Ryan to host town hall meeting near Green Bay
Ryan was scheduled to host a town hall meeting on Wednesday near Green Bay, a part of the state that tends to lean Republican but that voted for President Barack Obama in 2008.
Romney is making a stronger play for Wisconsin since selecting Ryan, a Janesville native, as his running mate. Polls before the pick showed Obama with a lead but the most recent ones done in mid-August show the race is nearly even.
Ryan’s visit is sandwiched in between two by Democratic Vice President Joe Biden. He was also in Green Bay last week and planned to host a rally at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire on Thursday.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?