Woman pleads not guilty by reason of mental disease in murder of infant
WAUKESHA CO. — The Oconomowoc woman accused of killing her own baby pleaded not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect on Monday, October 22nd.
32-year-old Dana Hooper was in court Monday morning where she entered her plea after agreeing to let the case go to trial. She is charged with the murder of her 10-week-old baby.
Prosecutors say Hooper stabbed the child multiple times. Police say she admitted to killing the child after hearing voices.
Hooper’s husband, Kevin, is also charged in the case — with failure to report the child’s death. He has also pleaded not guilty.
- Hooper pleads not guilty to “failure to report death of child” charge
- Judge orders competency exam for Oconomowoc mother accused of killing baby
- Oconomowoc parents criminally charged in death of 10-week-old baby
- Parents taken into custody following death of 10-week-old baby
- Waukesha officials investigate death of 10-week-old baby