Kohl’s Department Stores donates $1 million to Red Cross
MENOMONEE FALLS — Kohl’s Department Stores announced on Thursday, November 1st that it is donating $1 million to the American Red Cross. The money is intended to aid the relief efforts along the East Coast where Hurricane Sandy left a wide swath of damage.
In addition to a financial contribution, Kohl’s is encouraging its associates to volunteer in support of cleanup efforts through its Associates in Action volunteer program. In recognition of volunteer hours, Kohl’s will donate additional corporate grants to the nonprofit organizations being supported by Kohl’s associates.
If you’d like to donate to the Red Cross, you can do so by sending a text message to 90999 for an instant $10 donation.
CLICK HERE for additional Sandy coverage via FOX6Now.com.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed