Burning candle in bathroom caused fatal fire in Racine

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Fatal fire in Racine (11-8-12)

Fatal fire in Racine (11-8-12)

RACINE — A burning candle appears to be the cause of a fire that killed three children and injured a fourth child and two adults in Racine. That’s the word from officials in a release issued Monday afternoon, November 12th.

The fire broke out on Thursday, November 8th on Linden Ave. in Racine. Several children were trapped inside the building until firefighters were able to get on the scene.

Killed in the fire were 9-year-old Dayja Scott, 8-year-old Dalija Scott and 7-year-old Michael Scott. Their youngest brother 5-year-old Luther remains hospitalized.

A fund has been established to help the Scott family deal with all the costs involved in the aftermath of the fire. Donations to the Scott Children Family Fund can be made at any Educators Credit Union or Associated Bank branch.

Related stories:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,325 other followers