Burning candle in bathroom caused fatal fire in Racine
Fatal fire in Racine (11-8-12)
RACINE — A burning candle appears to be the cause of a fire that killed three children and injured a fourth child and two adults in Racine. That’s the word from officials in a release issued Monday afternoon, November 12th.
The fire broke out on Thursday, November 8th on Linden Ave. in Racine. Several children were trapped inside the building until firefighters were able to get on the scene.
Killed in the fire were 9-year-old Dayja Scott, 8-year-old Dalija Scott and 7-year-old Michael Scott. Their youngest brother 5-year-old Luther remains hospitalized.
A fund has been established to help the Scott family deal with all the costs involved in the aftermath of the fire. Donations to the Scott Children Family Fund can be made at any Educators Credit Union or Associated Bank branch.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl