Unique punishment for woman caught on camera driving on sidewalk
CLEVELAND, Ohio (CNN) — Witnesses say a woman drives on the sidewalk on a daily basis to avoid waiting for the school bus on East 38th Street in Cleveland. As punishment, Shena Hardin was ordered to stand at the corner wearing a sign that says, “Only an idiot would drive around a school bus.”
Hardin never said a word during her punishment, and simply stood on the corner texting and talking on her phone. She also wore ear buds and smoked cigarette after cigarette. At one point, she blew smoke at a news camera when asked a question.
The 32-year-old was caught on cell phone video driving recklessly around a Cleveland school bus full of children in September.
Witnesses say Hardin drove on the sidewalk on a daily basis to avoid waiting for the school bus on East 38th.
Fearing a potentially dangerous situation, the bus driver captured the act on cell phone. The bus driver then contacted the Third District Police before starting his route.
Officers waited for Hardin, and caught her in the act.
Hardin pleaded guilty last week. Her license was also suspended for 30 days and she must pay $250 in court costs.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!