Evelynn Brown sentenced to 10 years in prison after ninth OWI
MILWAUKEE — 29-year-old Evelynn Brown of Milwaukee was sentenced to 10 years in prison and another 10 years of extended supervision. Brown is a repeated drunk driver who was last arrested with her child in the car.
Brown was last arrested for her ninth OWI offense. A driver called police after watching her veer across four lanes of traffic, and strike a few barrels on Hwy 41 near Canal St.
According to the criminal complaint, Milwaukee County Sheriff’s deputies caught up with Brown after she side swiped another vehicle on the Lloyd St. ramp off of Hwy. 41. The one-year-old child in the back seat was first discovered while the driver Brown hit was helping her out of the car. That child was turned over to child welfare.
Milwaukee County Sheriff’s deputies confirmed Brown’s car is the same car another driver reported swerving near Canal St. and Hwy. 41.
The complaint lists Brown’s eight OWI offenses taking place from 1999-2007. Her first drunk driving incident involved a homicide while operating under the influence.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!