Fourth-grader found drunk, wandering naked in Florida
FLORIDA (CNN) — A 10-year-old was found wandering around a Florida neighborhood, naked and drunk. Now, police are investigating this as a case of suspected child abuse.
“He couldn’t even stand. He was just, ahhh, you know. Naked, and I’m like, come in the house baby — and I went and got some of my son’s clothes,” the boy’s neighbor, Amanda Roesch said.
Two neighbors walking their dog came across the 10-year-old wandering a Spring Hill neighborhood without a stitch of clothing, it a state no child should ever experience.
The boy’s caretaker, Nedra Byrd was intoxicated as well, according to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office — and passed out in her home across the street with a friend.
Officials say the boy reported Byrd supplied him with brandy.
When deputies arrived, they found a half-empty bottle of Christian Brother’s brandy on the counter.
The fourth-grader was taken to the hospital. His BAC was .108.
Roesch says as a mother, she is still shaken up from this incident.
“How do you not know your child is missing and drunk — drunk and missing, wandering down a dark road in the cold. I just don’t understand,” Roesch said.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him