Golden Guernsey Dairy could have future in Waukesha
WAUKESHA (WITI) — It’s been closed for more than a month. But there might be new hope for Golden Guernsey Dairy in Waukesha.
Court-appointed trustee Charles Stanziale says he’s talking with several potential buyers for the dairy.
“We have an opportunity to do some good at the same time, try and help some creditors,” said Stanziale.
Stanziale is working out details that need court approval. Selling the plant to a dairy operator is a top priority. That might mean giving former employees the opportunity to work again.
“The idea is getting people back to work as many as possible,” said Stanziale. “There’s no guarantee who is going to get employed.”
Right now, there are a handful of workers working inside the Golden Guernsey plant. They’re making sure the equipment remains in good working condition; readying it for a potential turn-key sale.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man in custody after two backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized; cancels Tuesday night show in Kansas City