Foreclosures get new life with Tour of Homes
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — A unique home tour, showing off several houses that are available for purchase, attracted about 60 people Saturday, June 15th.
Among the custom cabinetry, wood floors, and custom windows, something else stuck out – most of the homes available were foreclosures.
“When it comes to foreclosures there is a real opportunity right now,” said Will Sebern of Layton Boulevard West Neighbors.
The non-profit group held a bus tour around the Silver City, Burnham Park, and Payton Park neighborhoods.
Homes shown on the tour included foreclosures, regular listings, and homes that had been bought and flipped by the Layton Boulevard West Neighbors.
“There is a lot of excitement about home buying, but specifically in our neighborhood,” said Sebern.
Sebern also noted that some of the homes on the tour qualify for up to $30,000 in forgivable loans.
“There are good deals now. That’s why we want to do it,” said tour participant Victor Chavez
For more information on the Layton Boulevard West Neighbors and their current home sales, CLICK HERE.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery