MT. PLEASANT (WITI) – Mount Pleasant police will hold a sex offender community notification meeting on Thursday evening, August 8th from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Community Policing House located at 17560 Mead Street in Racine. This, as William Norris is set to be released from prison during the week of August 12th.
Representatives from the Mt. Pleasant Police Department, the Wisconsin Department of Corrections, Racine County District Attorney’s Office, and Racine County Victim Witness Assistance Program presented some information and were available to answer questions.
Norris sexually assaulted minor females and minor males.
- 1991- William Norris was charged with 1st degree and 2nd degree sexual assault of minor children.
- 1999- Released from prison
- 1999- Sent back to jail- charged for Endangering safety with use of a weapon. This charge was later dismissed however he was convicted on a charge of disorderly conduct
- 2001- Mandatory Release
- 2006- Sent back to prison- charged with possession of child pornography and Bail jumping
- August, 2013 – Will be released
Norris will have restrictions to include, no contact with minors, no alcohol, cannot be in taverns, liquor stores.
Norris will be required to wear a Global Positioning System (GPS) bracelet. He is a lifetime registrant of the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry Program.
Norris is not wanted by police, however if anyone has information of him engaging in illegal activity or being in violation of his rules of supervision, they are asked to contact the Mount Pleasant Police Department at 262-886-2300 or the Department of Corrections, Division of Community Corrections at 262-884-3700.
The website address for the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry is http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/public