Cigarette butt may have caused porch fire near Holton & Brown

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Fire crews responded to a home near Hotlon and Brown Tuesday night, July 29th after flames broke out on the porch.

At this time, officials believe a cigarette butt may have sparked the fire.

No injuries were sustained as a result of the fire, and nothing inside the home was damaged. However, crews say the flames on the porch caused $5,000 to $7,000 in damage to the outside of the home.

Authorities say the fire is not being considered suspicious.

No additional details have been released — and the investigation is ongoing.