2018 FIFA World Cup Fan Guide ⚽
Where to watch FOX6 News, Real Milwaukee during World Cup Soccer ⚽

Absolutely horrifying! One-year-old boy burned over 35% of his body after slow cooker topples onto him

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NORTH CAROLINA (WITI) -- A one-year-old Charlotte, North Carolina boy spent Christmas in the hospital, after a slow cooker filled with boiling apple cider toppled over onto him -- leaving him with second-and-third-degree burns.

Remy

It happened on December 21st, when the young boy was at his grandmother's house.

FOX6's sister station FOX8 in High Point, North Carolina reports 35% of little Remy Linkous' body was burned. His recovery is expected to be lengthy, and he's expected to spend at least a month to a month-and-a-half in the hospital.

Remy's father, John Linkous tells FOX8 he's seen "horrible things" as a Marine serving in combat, but he says "nothing will ever prepare you for seeing your kid in this situation. The first two days were absolutely horrifying."

Remy has already undergone surgery, and the next step will involve skin grafts.

The boy's parents say seeing their son connected to tubes and wires, hospitalized with serious injuries is heartbreaking, but they say Remy's happy spirit is shining through.

“Today he actually sat up and played with a few toys, gave me a high five and even smiled,” John Linkous said.

The family spent Christmas in the hospital, focusing on helping their little boy heal.

A GoFundMe.com account has been set up to help with medical costs. So far, more than $33,000 has been raised.

CLICK HERE for more on this story via FOX8.com.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.