GREEN BAY (WITI) — The Green Bay Packers and Dallas Cowboys will duke it out in an NFC Divisional Playoff game at Lambeau Field on Sunday, January 11th. You’ll be able to watch the game ONLY ON FOX6.
Green Bay will play Dallas in the postseason for the seventh time and the first time since 1996. This will be only the second time the Packers have played against the Cowboys at home in the playoffs.
The only time Dallas visited Green Bay in the postseason was for the 1967 NFL Championship, most commonly known as the ‘Ice Bowl.’ Kickoff temperature was recorded as minus-13 with a minus-46 wind chill, the coldest game in league annals. Bart Starr’s game-winning TD, a 1-yard dive with 13 seconds left, sealed Green Bay’s third straight championship en route to its second consecutive Super Bowl title.
We will kick off your Sunday Packers coverage on FOX6 WakeUp News from 7 a.m. until 9 a.m.
Then you can take some time to have breakfast, brunch or whatever you’re hungry for before the FOX6 Pre-game Blitz gets underway at 10:30 a.m. Here’s the rest of the day’s lineup on FOX6 — take note so you don’t missing anything important.
Here are some other interesting tidbits about the Packers and Cowboys leading up to Sunday’s big game according to Packers.com:
- The two storied franchises both rank in the top four in postseason victories (Dallas-34 / Pittsburgh-33 / Green Bay-30 / San Francisco-30).
- Sunday will be the first playoff game in NFL history with a team that finished 8-0 at home during the regular season hosting a team that was 8-0 on the road during the regular season.
- It will only be the third NFL playoff game with a team that was undefeated at home during the regular season hosting a team that was undefeated on the road (1948: 6-0 Chicago Cardinals at 6-0 Philadelphia Eagles / 1972: 7-0 Miami Dolphins at 7-0 Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Green Bay is 15-16 against the Dallas in the overall series, but has won three straight over the Cowboys, including the last matchup, 37-36, at Dallas last season.
- Of the Cowboys’ 13 road games against the Packers, only one has taken place in December or January, the ‘Ice Bowl’ on Dec. 31, 1967. This will be the latest date Dallas has played at Green Bay.
- The Packers have won four of the last five against the Cowboys at Lambeau Field, scoring over 40 points in three of the wins.
- Green Bay is 16-5 all-time at home during the postseason. The Packers’ 16 postseason wins at home are the fifth most in the NFL.
- The Packers enter the postseason having won their last two games and seven of the final eight.
- Dating back to 1978, Green Bay’s seven wins in Games 9-16 are tied for the most by the Packers (1984, 1997, 2009, 2011).