2018 FIFA World Cup Fan Guide ⚽
Where to watch FOX6 News, Real Milwaukee during World Cup Soccer ⚽

Faulty extension cord, lamp spark fire in Oconomowoc apartment

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OCONOMOWOC — Fire officials say a faulty extension cord and lamp sparked a fire in an Oconomowoc apartment on Friday afternoon, September 25th.

Crews were dispatched to the home on W. Wisconsin Ave. in Oconomowoc around 4:30 p.m. Friday. Initial reports indicated there were no flames visible — only smoke billowing from the second floor and attic.

The fire department was able to contain the fire to a second-floor apartment. But everyone who lived in the building was displaced because of smoke and water damage.

Everyone inside the building (including pets) got out of the building safely. They are now being assisted by the Red Cross.