55-year-old man found dead near 24th & Kilbourn; carbon monoxide may be to blame

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police tell FOX6 News a man is dead as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. It happened near 24th and Kilbourn on Tuesday night, October 6th.

We’re told the victim, a 55-year-old man, was found unconscious by a family member, and responding Milwaukee Fire Department officials found high levels of carbon monoxide in the victim’s home.

The victim’s apartment building was evacuated as a result of the high carbon monoxide levels.

Death investigation near 24th and Kilbourn

Death investigation near 24th and Kilbourn

It is believed the man died as a result of the high carbon monoxide levels, caused by a faulty stove.

No other injuries have been reported.

Death investigation near 24th and Kilbourn

Death investigation near 24th and Kilbourn

Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.