Police: Teacher in northeastern Wisconsin taken to hospital after teens poisoned drink as prank

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GILLETT  — A teacher in northeastern Wisconsin went to the hospital after being poisoned in what two students told police was a prank.

Police say the Gillett Secondary School teacher noticed a strange smell coming from a bottle of soda he had left unattended Tuesday afternoon. Police talked to a 16-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl, who said they put a small amount of cleaning solution in the bottle.

Police say the teacher was treated at a hospital. School Superintendent Todd Carlson tells WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/1MTOU9y ) the teacher was back at school Wednesday, October 21st.

The school board will discuss punishment for the students.

 

6 comments

    • joseph

      If they were your kids…you’d look pretty stupid…..but your comment tells on you….stupid is as stupid does…..

  • Fred

    It’s obvious that a majority of kids these days have no moral compass. When I was young it would be unthinkable to put something in a teachers drink as a prank. Now these kids stand by and video record beat downs and rapes on their phones instead of helping a person…………..

  • Jackie

    Cleaning solution is not a prank, it should be a felony charge for attempted murder or some type of endangerment charge. At 17, you know better than that. A prank would be dumping milk, pepper or anything edible in the person’s soda BUT not a cleaning solution. That’s why there are warnings on all the bottles to call poison control if swallowed etc. The school board should not be in charge of their punishment, the police should be. I hope they get more than just expelled from school but thrown in jail.

Comments are closed.