Faulty furnace causes gas leak inside home; crews venting building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BROWN DEER — Emergency crews and We Energies located a gas leak coming from inside of a home near Teutonia & Bradley Roads on Tuesday morning, March 8th.

Officials say a faulty furnace is believed to have caused the natural gas leak inside the home. Crews turned off the gas and were venting the home. Just the one house was affected.

PHOTO GALLERY

One person was inside the home, but the levels of natural gas were not to the point where it would cause any type of illness.

Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.