Attention drivers: Street closures, parking restrictions during Bastille Days
MILWAUKEE — Bastille Days will return to the East Town neighborhood July 14-17. As a result, there will some street closings and parking restrictions.
The following streets will be closed at 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 12th and remain closed until 6 a.m. Monday, July 18th:
- Kilbourn Avenue from Broadway Street to Van Buren Street
- Milwaukee Street from State Street to Wells Street
- Jefferson Street from Kilbourn Avenue to Wells Street (Closes at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 13th)
- Jackson Street from State Street to Wells Street
- Wells Street from Milwaukee Street to Van Buren will close periodically throughout the event.
The 32nd annual Storm the Bastille Run/Walk will once again kick off the run at 9 p.m. on Thursday, July 14th and will follow the same route as previous years. Streets along the route will be closed on July 14th from approximately 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The event organizers and MPD will reopen the streets as quickly as possible.