Summer is the perfect time for a picnic -- but you have to be careful when packing up your picnic basket. You don't want soggy bread or melted cheese!
John Kelly Vanderlinde, a foodie, joined Studio A Thursday, June 30th with tips for a perfect picnic:
- Drinks: Pick a wine or beverage that you wouldn't mind drinking at room temperature.
- Fruit: A great option for a picnic basket is fruit as it hold up well to the heat.
- Crackers or Bread: Avoid making sandwiches with lettuce, onion, or tomato as this can create
soggy bread. Choose a curried meat and cheese platter with crackers or french bread.
- Seasoned Olive Oil: If bringing french bread also bring olive oil to dip the bread.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
CLICK HERE for more on creating the perfect picnic basket