MILWAUKEE -- Want the most haunted house on the block? You can step up your spook factor with some smart technology. Andy Ormond from The Home Depot joins Real Milwaukee to show you how to do it.
Step One: Up the Spook Factor with Smart Tech - Use smart technology to stage the ultimate scary scene at your home.
- Make your Halloween scene ever scarier by adding sound effects. Connect your phone or Bluetooth device to the Bluetooth Halloween Tombstone Speaker. This music playing tombstone has LED illumination and includes rechargeable batteries, so you never have to worry about those scary sounds ending.
- Images of flying ghosts and gules can be projected onto any window or wall with the Seasonal Window FX Projector Animated Window Display. The projector is preloaded with 12 digital videos formatted to fit both horizontal and vertical windows.
- Make your guests jump in fear with animated creatures. The Animated Rising Graveyard Phantom is a 5 ft. tall monster that has glowing LED eyes, makes frightening sounds and realistic movements. Or the Animated Witch with Serving Tray will serve candy while saying common Halloween phrases. Her eyes glow red, and she moves with the synchronization of her mouth.
- Create an instantly spooky atmosphere with a Holiday 400-Watt Metal Fog Machine & Home Accents Holiday 1 Qt. Fog Machine Liquid. This machine is portable with a wireless remote so it can be placed anywhere creating a thick, water-based fog for the perfect haunted house.
Step Two: Playful Pumpkins - Pumpkins are a Halloween staple. Have the whole family create pumpkins that show off their personalities. From frightening to funny, pumpkin carving and painting is a great activity to do with the entire family.
- No Carve Options: Embellish pumpkins with colorful paint from Rust-Oleum or use chalkboard paint on the pumpkin to write festive Halloween saying, like 'Boo' or 'Happy Halloween!'
- Intricate Designs: Make carving easier with a Dremel 6-Volt Pumpkin Carving Tool. Create the perfect jack-o-lantern with ease using the 10 carving templates and two different tool speeds.
Step Three: Frighteningly Festive Theme - Create a theme to center everything around. From a haunted graveyard to a fall festival, The Home Depot has it all to create the perfect look.
- Animated décor makes for a showstopper. Step up your game with a full-size Skeleton Horse that has exposed bones, red glowing eyes and makes spooky sounds. If a life-size horse it too much look into the glowing Hanging Halloween Texas Longhorn Skull.
- Light up your Halloween with Graveyard Lantern with Flickering Flames. The look of tatter gauze will send you back in time while the eerie sounds will give guests a fright.
- Create the perfect front lawn graveyard with assorted LED Graveyard Tombstones. This set comes 5 to a pack and are all created with different spooky designs that light up white or red to ramp up the creepy factor.