WEST ALLIS — Wisconsin’s newest Chick-fil-A restaurant is now open! The Chick-fil-A in West Allis is the seventh location in Wisconsin.
According to officials, 110 guests woke up Thursday morning, December 8th and lined up to receive their year’s supply of Chick-fil-A — celebrating the new location at 2645 S. 108th Street (near W. Cleveland Avenue) in West Allis.
The Chick-fil-A cow led them in a conga line across the red carpet to the banging of pots and pans as Operator David Schiedt awarded them with a card loaded with a year supply of Chick-fil-A, and the West Allis restaurant was now open for business.
A tradition going back more than 13 years, Chick-fil-A’s “First 100 celebration” has given away nearly $27 million in free food through 2015 and continues to be the chain’s signature grand opening event. Rain, snow and extreme temperatures below zero or above 100 do not deter Chick-fil-A fans who arrive with tents, chairs, TVs and computers.
Each fan hopes to win a digital offer card loaded with a one-year supply of free Chick-fil-A meals (52 meals with each consisting of a Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, medium Waffle Potato Fries and a medium beverage) that will be awarded to the first 100 eligible adults – ages 18 and older with identification – in line when the doors open at new Chick-fil-A restaurants.
The West Allis restaurant’s hours are 6:30 a.m.-10:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. It’s closed on Sundays.
The new West Allis Chick-fil-A restaurant features a:
- heritage restaurant design that showcases handmade, authentic materials for a vintage-inspired interior, including a large gathering table made from reclaimed wood, subway tiles, and light fixtures made from recycled Coca-Cola bottles and peach baskets.
- two-story interactive indoor play area for children and free Wi-Fi.
- drive-thru service expanded to offer dual drive-thru ordering lanes and screens to enable customers to move quickly into a single lane for payment and pickup.
- dining room with seating for 134 and with additional outdoor patio seats.
- full-service menu, including breakfast until 10:30 a.m., and will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Like all Chick-fil-A locations, it will be closed on Sunday.
Schiedt will be collecting new and gently used children’s books at the restaurant Thursday between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. The donated books will be placed in a nearly three-foot Book House to serve as a free library exchange and donated to Come Learn with me: Academy of Early Learning located at 9716 W. Greenfield Avenue.
The new West Allis Chick-fil-A restaurant is the last of four new Wisconsin locations to open this year.