MILWAUKEE -- Make your side dishes the star of the show this holiday season. Chef Foster Deadman from US Foods joined the WakeUp gang with recipes that will bring your sides to the next level.
Curry Blistered baby carrots
1 lbs Baby Carrots preferable with the green tops
1 tsp curry powder
TT salt and pepper
1 tblsp olive oil
¾ cup lime juice
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp fish sauce
½ tsp red pepper flake
2 tbs olive oil
For the sauce:
Whisk together the sauce ingredients over medium heat justuntil sugar is dissolved.
1) Heat oven to 450 degrees
2) Toss the carrots with oil, salt, pepper, curry powder
3) Place evenly on a baking sheet and roast until caramelized
4) Set aside and cool
1) In a large saute pan heat 2 tblsp of whole butter and allow to lightly caramelized
2) Add the carrots and saute
3) Glaze with the sauce and if you like a little red pepper flakes go for it.
4) Garnish with cilantro and enjoy
For more on Chef Foster Deadman, visit his Instagram page.