LIVE: Wisconsin Supreme Court hears arguments in dispute between Marquette University, fired professor John McAdams

“Power surge” caught clothing on fire in basement of home near 68th and Brown Deer

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

“Power surge” caught clothing on fire in basement of home near 68th and Brown Deer

BROWN DEER — Officials with the North Shore Fire Department on Monday, May 15th responded to a home near 68th and Brown Deer Road to handle a “power surge.”

We’re told an electric current went through the home, from a pole through the home’s piping, as a result of the power surge, and some clothing in the basement caught on fire.

No injuries were reported.